Our brains are set up to come to conclusions quickly – to recognise patterns and come to snap judgements. But this skill, which is very useful when being chased by a bear, leaves us open to many “traps” of biased thinking.
Learn how to structure your thinking to avoid these bias pitfalls, how to foster creative thinking in yourself and others, and how to evaluate and synthesise information to solve a problem.
In this one-day workshop, we’ll cover:
· Why critical thinking is so difficult, especially when we’re new in our career
· Some of the most common barriers to good problem solving
· Different ways to frame a problem so that you can solve it collaboratively
· How to sort out facts from fiction
· Helping others to come along with you in using critical thinking skilfully
Of course, we’ll leave you with toolkits to help you put the skills in motion, and we always plan activities to help you learn.